Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1 week after the CCSVI angioplasty

Last week on June 23rd I had the CCSVI procedure. It went seamlessly. Nice folks in the clinic. My friend Lara and my husband Ozzie came with me. Which was good because I was very anxious and a bit scared it being a serious medical procedure.

Long story short, they found two "mild" stenosis, one in the left jugular and one in my Asygous vein. I'm told mild is 30%. The doctor treated both with angioplasty.

I'm glad they found what they were looking for and I'm glad they treated it. Also as the doctor who treated me said, " We have seen people respond even when the stenosis is a mild one. "

There were no miracle "Youtube" Recoveries. So I will hold off on making a post video as yet. Maybe in a month?

I did not and have not yet, as of 1 week later, felt any clear improvements. I have some maybe's but maybe's could be placebos because I am so desperate to see improvement.

List of maybe improvements:

-Fatigue? maybe a bit better (but it is 20 degrees cooler outside that always helps)
-That buzzing sensation down neck gone ( but over the years that has always come and gone.)
-Sweating....... I seem to sweat easier. (I'm a sauna taker, before procedure I didn't sweat easily it took a long while and some times several trips in. Last night the sweat kicked right in.)

So as you can see it is pretty slim. However I want to say that initially when I discovered CCSVI all I hoped for was the possibility of halting progress. I am dealing with what I have now. Knowing that I won't get worse would be fabulous!

Only time will tell.... and maybe progress is slow in coming. I certainly hope so.

I also want to thank all my wonderful friends and family for supporting me during this adventure....... because it certainly has been an adventure. I am so lucky to have a community that backs me up.
xxx's
~retta

2 comments:

  1. Love is a powerful thing, isn't it?
    Lucky to have you for my sister-in-law!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to add what the doctor said to me after the procedure. That ccsvi is in it's infancy. There is so much more that we don't know. Why are we only checking 3 veins more might be involved. Why did Denise and Janine have such amazing results but not Janie and Retta? There is more coming and I think we are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete