Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
POST- CCSVI PROCEDURE -SLOWER RECOVERY Support and discussion GROUP
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Long story short, they found two "mild" stenosis, one in the left jugular and one in my Asygous vein. I'm told mild is 30%. The doctor treated both with angioplasty.
I'm glad they found what they were looking for and I'm glad they treated it. Also as the doctor who treated me said, " We have seen people respond even when the stenosis is a mild one. "
There were no miracle "Youtube" Recoveries. So I will hold off on making a post video as yet. Maybe in a month?
I did not and have not yet, as of 1 week later, felt any clear improvements. I have some maybe's but maybe's could be placebos because I am so desperate to see improvement.
List of maybe improvements:
-Fatigue? maybe a bit better (but it is 20 degrees cooler outside that always helps)
-That buzzing sensation down neck gone ( but over the years that has always come and gone.)
-Sweating....... I seem to sweat easier. (I'm a sauna taker, before procedure I didn't sweat easily it took a long while and some times several trips in. Last night the sweat kicked right in.)
So as you can see it is pretty slim. However I want to say that initially when I discovered CCSVI all I hoped for was the possibility of halting progress. I am dealing with what I have now. Knowing that I won't get worse would be fabulous!
Only time will tell.... and maybe progress is slow in coming. I certainly hope so.
I also want to thank all my wonderful friends and family for supporting me during this adventure....... because it certainly has been an adventure. I am so lucky to have a community that backs me up.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Before vascular angioplasty:After........and
( Later I will add "After" )
1.Before: Right Foot almost completely numb and thick feeling. Occasionally left foot feels numb.
2. Before: right leg stiff, weak & limited in movement
3. Before: Because of Right Foot drop and weak leg and lack of coordination walking is very difficult. Cane and foot brace mandatory for any distance outside of the house. Uneven surfaces a maneuvering nightmare.
4. Before: Can not look up or around while moving dizziness & room spins. Need to hold on to something to look at the sky. Easily thrown off balance. Must turn or look slowly.
5. Before: Extreme mind numbing fatigue periodically throughout the day. Recooperate for 20 minutes after 10 minutes of activity.
6. Before: Heat busts my butt. Can’t do anything but sit or lay down.
7. Before: Constant ringing in ears.
8. Before: Cold feet. In winter almost painful especially the right foot.
9. Before: Occasional roaring in ears. Like when you yawn, but I’m not yawning.
10. Before: No lift to right leg which makes climbing stairs an awesome task to contemplate. Like knee, Hip fexors don’t lift either.
11. Before: 2 toes on Right foot turn blue… same toes that have no lift.
12. Before: Totally spastic walking first thing in the morning.
13. Before: Occasional Brain fog. Can’t think quickly or verbalize quickly often get tongue tied.